Question
1. How can a balance be achieved between protecting privacy and meeting the needs of national security?
2. How did you react to the list of challenged books (were you surprised, for example)? Do you think some books should be banned or should all books be freely available? Why?
3. How have your overall ideas about information ethics changed or not changed after completing this unit?
Answer
1. In order that a balance is achieved between protecting privacy and meeting the needs of national security, I think respecting the author is the most important. If all user surely respect the author, someday the law might change to less strict. Then the balance might be able to be achieved.
2. I was surprised because I have never known there is such a challenged books. Honestly I don't know any books listed on, so I cannot really judge why they are listed on challenged book. However, as far as I read, they have something problem that have a possibility to effect on people's thought. In my opinion, if they really have such a problem, I don't think that all books should be freely available. The reason is that suppose I have a child, I don't want him to be bad effected.
3. I didn't know well about ethics, so my overall idea doesn't change. Whatever, I wish books effect us in a good way, so I think prohibiting system is good. It may be solved by user's choice, but still I don't want to exist bad influenced book. That's why I agree with the system.
About copyright, it is exactly personal ethically thinking. The user should respect the author and it had better consider the way to use the source again at the time when we can get any information in the internet easily.
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)
When it comes to privacy, I wasn't necessarily thinking about the authors, but about privacy in general. In the last several years, privacy laws in this country have been weakened, which means the authorities have more right to invade individual privacy than before. Also, technology has made it possible to invade people's privacy in ways that weren't possible before.
返信削除When it comes to banned books and censorship, I don't agree with you, although I respect your right to your opinion. First, many of these banned books are very important books in this culture. If they are offensive to some people, they can choose not to read them, but I don't think they should have the right to prevent others from reading them. When it comes to children, I think that the parents should have the right to determine what their children read, but that doesn't mean that the books should be banned from others.