Question
1. What question did you try to answer?
2. What search engine or engines did you use?
Questions about my search
1. What search terms did you use?
2. How many results did you get when you entered your terms? How many did you get when you used OR? Which set
was bigger? Can you figure out why?
Evaluation
1. What questions did you use to evaluate your results?
2. What conclusion did you draw about the value of the site and why?
Last Question
• Having conducted this research activity, what questions came into your mind that you could use to continue your
exploration?
Answer
1. what causes global warming for kids?
2. I used Google.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=what+causes+global+warming+for+kids&aq=0&oq=What+causes+global+warming
1. What terms I used for search is that "global warming" ,"cause" , and "kids"
2. I have 20,800,000 results.
I have 3,570,000 results when I searched "what causes global warming for kids or animals?"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=what+causes+global+warming+for+kids+or+animals&btnG=Search
Searching with "OR" is bigger. Because I guess that if I use "OR", it might have the possibility to be caught up the keyword.
1. How frequently is the web site updated?
Moreover, do they have clear facts or figure?
2. I chose this site because they have well site administration.
http://www.pewclimate.org/
• I felt "How frequently is the web site updated?" is the easiest question, so I may be able to keep doing it at least.
In this time, honestly I have no time to deep searching. Because I'm poor at using computer, it took much time to do homework. However if I have enough time, I want to try the other questions of CARDIO.
• QUESTION!
I don't know why but my blog page is written in Japanese.
I guess that it is because of my laptop, but..... can you fix it? or Can you tell me the way to fix. I'll try it.
Kanoko
First, let me address your homework.
返信削除OR gives you more results because the web sites in the results list can have either one term or the other.
With AND, the web site must have both terms in order to show up in your results list.
As for your evaluation, I think you have the right idea, although you do have a good site and you have described one evaluative technique of the three I requested.
As for your question, I was looking for questions about your research question that would enable you to keep researching.